The BlogHer 5K & Tutus for Tanner

With BlogHer ’10 just around the corner, we’re looking forward to the 2nd Annual BlogHer 5K Fun Run. And this year, there’s a fun twist – we’re hoping you’ll join us in supporting Her Bad Mother‘s nephew Tanner by running with a tutu on.

We started Tutus for Tanner back in March and so far, we’ve had many Shredheads run races with their tutus on in his honor, and so we were so pleased when Shannon from Mom Improvement thought it would be great to encourage BlogHer runners to do the same.

If you’re attending the conference and are interested in running and/or walking the 5K, visit the BlogHer 5k Fun Run page for more information on how to register.

And we’ll be posting links to shops hopefully offering discounts on tutus for you to purchase and wear.

Or, you can do what I did and make your own tutu.

[Note: I used thicker elastic and shorter tulle so that mine would stick out and not hang down and bother me while I was running]

Finally, if you’re a sponsor or know someone who might be interested in sponsoring the 5k race, please drop Shannon an email. We’d love to be able to gather folks for a Carb Loading dinner the night before, or even just a Caff n’ Carb breakfast after the race.

19 comments for “The BlogHer 5K & Tutus for Tanner

1. June 10, 2010 at 8:25 am

I am so excited that Shannon has incorporated this into the run! Yay Shannon!

I was planning to wear one all along, but now that there’s going to be more of us? so awesome!

I’ve already picked out the colours I want for mine, I’ve considered making it already, I’m that excited about this! LOL

2. June 10, 2010 at 9:12 pm

Umm my anti-spam word is Jillian how freaky is that?

Anyways what I really wanted to say was I am SO excited about the BlogHer 5K and, more specifically wearing a tutu whilst running in NYC. I’m going to be bringing Little Miss as well who will also be tutu’d!

Can’t wait!

3. June 10, 2010 at 10:55 pm

How fun to run with a tutu on. I wish I lived closer or I would most definitely join in the run with you all!

4. June 11, 2010 at 2:36 am

I’m really looking forward to this! It’s been my motivation to get moving again and get back to running (oh, who am I kidding – slow jogging, really) again.

And tutus are easy to make – I’ll proudly wear one and might make some extras for anyone who forgets theirs.

5. June 12, 2010 at 3:04 pm

I’ll be there running down Broadway and donning a tutu for Tanner. Now to train so I can actually run 5k ….

6. June 13, 2010 at 10:46 am

You know what would be awesome? A Tutus For Tanner running shirt. I wish I’d had one for my last race, because no-one asked why I was wearing a tutu. Seriously.

Also, I have an alternate way of making a tutu…I posted the directions on my blog. It’s simple and holds up really well!

Have a great time at blogher! I wish I could go!

7. July 15, 2010 at 5:00 pm

I’m on the waitlist for this. We shall see.

8. tiffanyjewellery
    July 18, 2010 at 10:32 pm

There are several hermes bags that are awash for absolutely low prices. However, Hermes Kelly does not beggarly that all of these are fakes. There are as well some that are offered for beneath because Hermes hand bag are outdated.
    There are many weight loss capsules and herbal medicines are available, but lida daidaihua weight loss capsules are quite popular among the people. daidaihua makes wonder if taken with meals. It attaches to the lipases and blocks those from breaking down some of the fat you eat. What is lida slimming Weight Loss Capsules? slimming capsule is an oral prescription medication that helps the body to eliminate unwanted fat. It is highly popular among the people who needed additional assistance beyond taking low-calorie diet and slimming capsules . Study has shown that lida and exercise alone can produce desired results.
    Normally, you’d have to go to a Chanel handbag flagship store, or high-end department store to find Chanel designer handbags and totes, and you’d pay a pretty penny for each chanel watches . Fortunately, the online world provides lots of opportunities for the fashion savvy woman to find top-of-the-line designer Chanel bags at bargain prices.
    These Tiffany uk are quite famous among couples who say that these unique and simple designs of Tiffany bracelets are long-lasting and incomparable. Some designs in silver bracelets date back to decades ago, which make them a perfect gift as a heirloom, so that Tiffany accessories could be passed from one generation to another

9. July 20, 2010 at 7:15 pm

Good news! The photos on my tulle tutu tutorial (say that 3 times fast) are now fixed.

10. carrie
    September 10, 2010 at 3:30 pm

first let me start by saying that this is an amazing idea!! i LOVE making tutu’s and i am looking to try and start a home business with them.
    second….however…i am NOT a runner LOL
    i know what it’s like to have a family member who is dying of a disease with no cure. my sister passed away in 2003 from severe complications with Lupus.
    i was wondering, is there a way i could make some tutu’s to donate to anyone wishing to wear one to support this cause? no payment required, i just really enjoy the crafting :)